Category: News Written by BarStaff Hits: 7690
Sian Berryfrom the Campaign for Better Transport (Roads and Sustainable Transport) will be assessing clubs and their local transport authorities to see how they have made match day travel less of a problem for fans and local people alike.
They ask that we take time out to fill in a 5 minute football travel survey, in association with Football Supporters Federation : http://www.bettertransport.org.uk/football
If you want, you can also use the survey to tell us in more detail about your experiences of football travel, and how you think it could be improved.
- Do your local streets get clogged with traffic and illegal parking on match day?
- Have you had trouble finding local bus information in a strange town?
- Would you like to take the train to matches but find the fares too expensive?
- Is there scope for a new railway station or line to serve a particular stadium?
- Have you visited towns with clear street signs to show the way to walk from the station?
- Does your supporters' club organise car sharing or coaches?
- Do any clubs provide information about public transport to the ground along with match tickets?
- Are stewards able to give you local transport information?
- Tell us about clubs that provide park and ride buses, and clubs that should